Rachael is our Senior Exercise Physiologist. Se is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and Exercise and Sports Science Australia Member (ESSAM). Rachael graduated from Griffith University in 2010 with a Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology. Since then she has gained a lot of experience and helped many people maintain and improve their functional movement and improve their quality of life through exercise.
Her university qualifications mean that she is in the best position to provide exercise programs in regards to any illness or chronic condition that you are trying to manage. She is a qualified Pilates instructor and interested in women’s health. She is integral to our team and works hand-in-hand with our physiotherapists to provide optimum outcomes for our patients.
Rachael is a good choice to help you with:
- Safe exercise during pregnancy
- Post-natal exercise programs
- Using exercise to help with recovery from cancer
- Type 2 Diabetes management
- Cardiovascular disease
- Arthritis pain and movement
- Weight control
- Pre- and Post-gastric band surgery weight programs
- Exercise to help manage mental health issues
- Strength and conditioning prior to surgery
- Recovery and work-hardening following workplace injuries
- Post-surgical recovery
- General well-being
- Exercise classes
- Sports conditioning and strengthening
- Injury prevention
- Revision of gym/exercise programs
Rachael has a special interest in diabetes is also responsible for instructing our Diabetes Management Course in conjunction with accredited dieticians.
As well as helping people with chronic disease and illness, Rachael is also interested and qualified to help fellow sportsmen and women achieve their sporting goals. Away from work Rachael is a keen sportswoman, regularly competing in half-marathons and triathlons. She has also represented Queensland in Hockey. This means that she has a store of knowledge regarding the demands of high level athletes, both physically and mentally.
Rachael is available at our Waterford West clinic.
Away from work Rachael enjoys sports, travelling, camping and time with family and friends.